Friday, November 03, 2006

Purple It Is

I have been trying to come up with colors to paint our new bedroom. It is much easier said than done, however. John says he doesn't care, he just doesn't want purple. Using the red duvet as the accent color in the room, all the paint sites I have been visiting tell me the main color of the room should be purple. It looks as though John is going to have to deal with a purple room. Before he reads this though and learns that he will be living in a purple bedroom, let me just state that only one, two at most, of the walls will be purple, but most likely only one. Second, the purple is not a lavender or bright, true purple, it is a muted purple with a gray undertone. Third, I am planning to attempt to use the faux technique of "colorwashing" on the wall so it will not be a solid purple. Lastly, I am not sure if I even want to paint the whole wall or just the bottom third, then put some kind of crown molding up as the divide and paint the rest of the wall the cream color the other walls are going to be. Like I said, it is becoming far more complicated then I thought it would be. The funniest part about this whole thing is that this is just a rented condo. I can only imagine how difficult it is to actually design a whole house that you own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home