Saturday, October 28, 2006

Crash!

My weekend has not started out too swell. Driving home from Novato on Friday night I got in my first car crash. I was driving northbound on highway 101 when traffic came to fairly sudden stop. I came to a complete stop and looked in front of me and noted to myself I had plenty of room and then I checked my rear view mirror too see if the car behind me was going to stop in time, which it did. The car three back, however, did not stop at all and rammed into the car in front of him, who then hit the car behind me who hit me and pushed me into the car in front of me. The end result, a five car pile up on the freeway. I was so shocked because I have never been in a car accident and I still can't believe how loud it is when you get hit. My glove box flew open and everything came pouring out. All my CD's flew out and my phone went flying too. I pulled over to the right and within a minute at most a CHP arrived on the scene. I am assuming he was just a few cars behind the accident because he arrived to fast. All involved were instructed to drive to the next off ramp and pull over there. The car that was hit first was really messed up and my damage was not bad, but definitely noticeable. The whole back end needs to be replaced for sure but lucky for me I barely hit the person in front of me and don't even have a scratch on the front end. My side hurt pretty bad after the crash and I am still trying to figure out why my side hurt, but today my lower back is hurting too, so I had to call into work for the next couple of days since three quarters of my job is lifting, turning and moving people. I am hoping by Tuesday I will be all healed and ready to go back to work.

At least I got to do something productive today. John and I went shopping for colors for our bedroom. We agreed on a red duvet cover with cream sheets and now just have to figure out what color to paint the bedroom. It's turning out to be a much tougher decision than I thought it would be, but fun at the same time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home