Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The IRS Sucks

After hours and hours of building my template, I finally have a beginning I like. Now I just have to learn to add things to it. Over the weekend I found out I got audited by the IRS for the year 2003 when I worked at Cattlemens. They tell me I owe them $3479.22! Yeah, right! I claimed all my tips when I worked in restaurants. Apparently, the company of Cattlemens got audited and therefore, every employee who worked for them and earned tips that year got audited as well. Such BS...but lucky for me, I was organized that year and saved every single print out of the nights I worked, how much I grossed in tips, who I tipped out and the amounts I gave them, and then how much I ended up netting after tip out! Now I have to hire a CPA and get all this straightened out. Such a pain in the butt, but I refuse to get taken advantage of by the government!

1 Comments:

At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - I get more and more impressed with you by the day. Financially organized is something I have yet to be able to succeed at. Good Luck - hate the IRS. We have a great person in Florida - but I do not know if he works in CA

Welcome to the world of blogging

Kathy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home