Wednesday, April 11, 2007

No Excuses

It has been a very long time since my last post. I have had some time to post, I suppose, but any free time I find, is used out of the house and/or with John. School is going great. Nursing school itself is WAY easier than the pre-requisites to get into the program. Quite surprising acutally. I can hardly believe that I only have 5 weeks of school left and I am one semester down...three to go. It has just flown by.

It is my spring break right now, which is so funny to me because when I went to college the first time around, it was all I looked forward to. One week with nothing to do except have fun. Well, now that I am an "adult" I wish we didn't have spring break and we could just finish school earlier. Espeically, since John is working all this week. So, what am I doing for my lovely break you ask? Working, working and working. I picked up shifts for everyday this break except for the Saturday and Sunday at the end of the week when John and I will finally get to spend some time together and he won't have to travel anymore! He has been gone four out of the last five weeks for business. It has been a very lonely time in the condo. I guess I shouldn't complain too much though, because on Wednesday, April 25th, John and I are going to Las Vegas for 4 days to visit Spencer and his friends Tom and Melissa. I can hardly wait for that.

I was looking at John's blog page tonight and found an old post that I wanted to blog about too. It's just a list of time periods in your life and the song that reminds you of it. I thought it was cute and sounded like fun, so here goes....

1. Song that makes you feel happy

I have no idea why this song makes me happy, but it just does. Everytime I hear When In Rome - The Promise I get happy and smile. I just love this song and it is a blast to sing to. I can't even think of a situation where it was significant in my life. I just really, really like the song and can listen to it over and over again.

2. Earliest Memory

I am sure there are songs that my parents sang to me growing up, but I really can't think of any. The first song I can really remember is Air Supply - All Out Of Love. When my family went on a vacation to Yosemite when I was about 6, maybe younger, I just remember my parents playing this song in our brown VW Camper, along with the rest of the Air Supply tape.

3. Last CD you bought

Wow, that is a tough one. I never buy CD's anymore. I have quite a few, but I just don't really buy them anymore. The last one I bought was probably Elton John's Love Songs which is just a compilation of all his greatest hit love songs. I love Elton!

4. Reminds you of school

Elementary:
That would be Prince - Batdance from the Michael Keaton Batman movie. Two of my best friends at the time, took dance and had to learn a routine to that song, and they taught it to me. I thought I was so cool because I knew their routine. I used to dance to that song all the time!! Also, Madonna - Like A Vigin because my friend brought this song in for show-n-tell in 4th grade and she had to turn it off halfway through because of the lyrics. We listened to that song over and over again to figure out what she was singing about that was so bad that we had to turn it off in class!! Ah, to be young and innocent again.

High School:
Hmmm, this one is harder. I would say U2 - One would be right at the top. This was the song that played over and over again at my first, and only, high school no parents home to supervise, alcohol present party! I took one sip of a Zima, hated it, and then wrote a letter bragging to my friend who was away for the summer about "all" the alcohol I drank. Of course, my mom read this letter, and boy did I get in trouble. Funniest part is, I only had one sip of alcohol and did NOT get drunk at all. Stupid kids have to show off all the time to look cool.

College:
This one is easy....Metallica - Hero Of The Day. My best friend Quinn and I used to sing this song at the top of our lungs in our car as we were driving down Mendocino Ave on Friday and Saturday nights. We would always do the head bagining part when the 'heavy metal' part of the song came on. It was so great and we thought we were so cool!!

5. Total music files on your PC

I don't honestly know, but I would say probably about 2,000.

6. Song for listening to repeatedly when depressed

If I am ever depressed for a long period of time, it usually has to do with a guy, so I always listen to Sarah McLaughlin - In The Arms Of An Angel and Dido - White Flag. I have no idea why, but those are the two. I always know when I start to turn into the angry phase though, because my music choice changes to two new songs...Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive and Liz Phair - Extraordinary. So chlice, but that is how I know I am going to be okay :)

7. Song that sounds British, but isn't

Jet - Fool Of Everyone. They sound so much like the Beatles and like they would be from Britain, but they are from Melbourne, Australia.


8. Song you love, band you hate!

I would say Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb. Now I don't hate Pink Floyd by any means, (especially when compared to the groups/singers I truly detest, Rush, Gloria Estefan and the newest band to make the very short list of music I hate, the Fray), but they are by no means a band I love. I do, however, love that one song a lot. The bands I hate, I can not even think of one song I remotely like.

9. Favorite song from the past that took ages to track down

That would be Natural Selection - Do Anything. It is such a stupid song, but I used to love it. It took me forever to find the group and title of this song. After a long search, it is now on my ipod :)

10. Bought the album for one good song

This happened way too often....Divynals - Touch Myself, Eve 6 - Inside Out, Fiona Apple - Criminal, Harvey Danger - Flagpole Sitta, Marcy Playground - Sex and Candy, N2Deep - Back to Da Hotel, Nine Inch Nails - Close, Queensryche - Silent Lucidity, Seven Mary Three - Cumbersome, The Flys - Got You Where I Want You, Toadies - Possum Kingdom, Verve - Bittersweet Symphony just to name a few.

11. Worst song to get stuck in your head

Hmmm, can't really think of one right now. I guess a song like Henry the 8th I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home