Monday, December 18, 2006

Movie Week

This past weekend I went to the movies with a friend of mine and we saw Babel. The movie was pretty good, except for one story line, which I believe they could have gone without. The movie basically follows three different story lines that end up all being connected in the end in some fashion. The story following the asian girl was the story I felt was not really necessary. This movie really cemented some reasons for me not to travel to Morocco or Mexico. Now, I have been to Tijuana, Mexico before and really was not impressed, plus living in San Diego, all you hear about are horror stories from Mexico. So ultimatley, no reason to travel to Mexico. Morocco, on the other hand, I thought would be a little better choice for a vacation, but according to this movie, I will definitely not be going there in the future. Once you are out of the major city, hospitals are hard to come by and you are basically stranded if anything serious ever happens to you. This movie made me appreciate living in America where 911 brings an ambulance right away and hospitals are always farily close. Granted, America has many many problems, but lines for communication are easy to come by and help is generally near by.

John and I also saw The Holiday on our date night last Monday. It was a cute movie that made you feel good when you walked out, but not the best chick flick/romantic comedy I have ever seen. I love Kate Winslet and she was great in it, and Cameron Diaz is okay, but Jack Black was very good and surprisingly, so was Jude Law (a man I find to be seriously over rated!). So, I recommend this movie if you just want to go see a light movie that doesn't require you to think too much and will make you feel good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home