Monday, November 27, 2006

Project #2

It has been some time now since my last post so I figured I had better say something. I have finally moved all my stuff into John's place, but some things are still not in their proper places. John and I still have to clean his old room and make room for my books on his bookshelf, which is basically all that is left. After that just another round of vacuuming and some more cleaning and we are good to go.

When I decided we needed to paint the bedroom (hee hee, notice I said when "I" decided "we" needed to) it turned into quite an undertaking but it was much easier than my second undertaking. I decided I hated the pattern on our dining room chairs and wanted to re-upholster them to something I liked a little better. I went to pick out the pattern and that turned into being more difficult than I had imagined it to be. I had to get the right kind of fabric and they only had grandma patterns in the fabric type I needed, so I had to settle on one I liked best. It has some grapes and some fruit and vines....kinda wine country.....so, I thought it would work. My mom and dad have been so generous and helpful throughout this move, and like so many other things, they bought the fabric for the chairs. I brought the fabric home to show John, and boy, his face was so hysterical. He HATED the pattern. He could not hide his look of disgust if he tried. Since John is who he is though, I have since put the pattern on 1 and 1/2 out of the 6 chairs. It has turned into a nightmare of a project. The seat bottom is easy, but the backs of the chairs are not easy and I can't do the corners very well, so the corners are too thick and won't fit back chair. I have since stalled on finishing the project and promise I will get back to it soon.

The best part of the story, however, was my first attempt at using a staple gun. Now, contrary to what it may seem, I have never done any kind of painting or re-upholstering in my life. These are all new skills I am learning to perfect. The first time I used the staple gun, I did not know which way the staples came out and stapled the wrong way. Luckily, the staple missed my face and flew up into the air behind me, and we have yet to find the missing staple. John was so mad at me he didn't talk to me for almost 15 minutes!! That is the longest he has ever gone without saying something to me. Finally, he asked me, "How in the hell did you face the staple gun in the wrong direction? You are not stupid, but that had to be one of the stupidest things I have ever seen!". By this point, I was in hysterics about the whole thing, and I still have no idea why I faced it the wrong way. Oh well, guess it was just a blonde moment!

Sadly, John leaves for Chicago on Sunday for work and will be gone all week, but at least I'll have time to hopefully get around to cleaning up his room and getting that all done. Note to John, if there is anything you do not want me to find, then you better hide it between now and Sunday :)

For now, I think that is all I have to report. Oh yeah, I get to go see Barenaked Ladies tomorrow night in SF. I am excited about that. We also get to go get a Christmas tree this weekend before he leaves. I can hardly wiat for both of those events! So. Exciting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home