Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas Has Past But Key West Is Just A Few Days Away

What a Christmas! I can't remeber the last time I was this spoiled. I got a new Coach purse, a boxer address book and a card game from John. My parents really out did themselves this year...new pots/pans for the kitchen, tupperware containers, mixing bowls, a spice rack, gift certificates to Starbucks, Olive Garden, and the movies, a paper shredder and so much more! Plus, all the other stuff they got me in the last month and a half when I moved in with John! I can't begin to express how thankful I am for everthing my parents have done for me this past month and a half. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! Then to top off a great day of countless appetizers, we had a fabulous prime rib and lobster dinner....my favorite!

My weekend did not start out too great though, as on Saturday I got deathly ill. At work for the last two winters, all everyone talks about is the norovirus. Well, it finally caught up to me on Saturday, as I woke up feeling a little yucky, but by 2pm was completely sick with vomiting, nausea, body aches, fever and other things you probably don't want to hear about. Amazingly though, the virus only lasts up to 2 days, and by the next day I would say I was feeling 80% better and by X-Mas day, back to my old self. However, I have to be symptom free for 48 hours before I am allowed back to the hospital, so I will go back on Wed for one day and then I get to leave for Key West on Thurs!! Yay, I am so excited to meet the rest of John's family and spend some time under the warm sun and on some white sandy beaches.

I finally got around to taking some pictures of our place, before I take down the Christmas tree. They are not the best pictures, but it will give some people an idea of what our place is like if you have never been.

These are pics of the living room and into the dining room/kitchen area. The dining room chairs are still a work in progress, as I have only completed half of the re-upholstering on the chiars, but I am working on it slowly. We do have a nice little fireplace that we use quite regularly, and, of course, you can see John's prized possessions....his TV and DVD's.




This is our very tiny kitchen. We have everything we need in it with just a few inches of room to spare!







These are the pictures of our bedroom. Yes, the one with a purple wall. As you can tell outside, the weather is yucky and raining, but the room is fairly neat!














Lastly, I must show our red-headed step child....John's room. we have yet to finish it and every time I go into the room there is just too much stuff in it and I don't know where to begin. From his life size Sarah Michelle Gellar to his 12 giant boxes of comics under the blue sheet next to Sarah, there is just too much stuff in this room. I won't give him all the blame though. All of my boxes that I can't unpack yet because there is no room are in there too. So, until we actually NEED to clean out this room, meaning someone is coming to visit us :), I think it will stay in this condition for a while longer!

2 Comments:

At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The place if fabulous - the tree is beautiful. I think you are very very generous to alow another woman in the bedroom - may be time for Buffy to be slayed.

Just found out you are not arriving tommorrow - just leaving tommorrow - I am very sad - but gives me more time to prepare for your visit.

Thanks for the pix - John never shares - in fact he still has some school videos to show me - so you know how good he is at procrastinating.

Key West awaits your presence - I cannot wait to share it with you - thank you for bringing my son along (healthy and well fed)

Kathy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home